Our Next Trip: Summer in Cuernavaca - Trip for Youth
Departure dates: July 11th and August 8th,
Trips for Adults: Next trip Cuernavaca January 17th 2020Individuals or Groups|
or Choose your travel dates and let Casa Hispana make all arrangements
Very often people call Casa Hispana asking for immersion courses. We find that for real immersion to take place, you must be surrounded by the target language - in this case, Spanish. Immersion means that the learning process continues after your class is over. It means using the language to take care of basic needs. You are forced to bank, order food, use public phones, and read labels, all in Spanish!!!
This can only take place abroad. Daily transaction and immersion in a monolingual Spanish-speaking setting will help you acquire the language in an active and natural way, will further perfect your speaking and listening ability and will foster your confidence.
Casa Hispana programs in Cuernavaca, Mexico are offered at various times during the year and include:
A Typical Day in the Program
- Spanish Language Instruction (Immersion Program)
- Small Group Classes (5 students max.)
- Home-Stay With Carefully Selected Families (with private room and bath)
- Three Meals Per Day
- Transportation to and from Mexico D.F. Airport and Cuernavaca
- Daily Activities After Your Regular Classes, including
- Museo Arqueologico
- La Casa Azul de Frida Kahlo
- Catedral de la Asuncion
- Cortes' Palace
- Ballet Folklorico de Mexico at the Bellas Artes Theater
- Taxco (town famous for its silver production)
- Teotihuacan (site of pyramids erected circa 200 B.C.
...and much more.
8:00am - Family drives the student to school
8:00am-10:00am - Language classes
10:00am-12:00pm - Language through cultural activities
12:00pm-2:00pm - Creative Activity Specific project in Spanish
2:00pm-4:00pm - Lunch with family
4:30pm-6:30pm - Supervised and guided afternoon cultural activity
8:30pm - Dinner with family
For more information, please contact us by calling (415) 861-1223 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.